I started with my hand dyes.Yes, I had an idea. To tell the truth I had several ideas, but one kept at me.
I am not always sure of my direction. It could change mid stream.
Then the piece went on the design wall, and I drew the cup and Tea pot on freezer paper. I could place them where I wanted, and see if the size was right, then decide on the fabrics to be used for each item. I used Misty fuse to iron on each flower and the other fabrics.
The little teaspoon is a rubbing with oil paints over one of my mothers Dutch Tea spoons.
I still have the quilting to do. And since the doily is loose, maybe something under it so when someone peeks they will not be disappointed.