Welcome to my Blog, A little art, and a lot of Friendship

Thursday, March 1, 2012

English Paper Piecing

My dear friend Ann Kimble gave me this beautiful English Paper Pieced top. This was in exchange for the knitted hat I made for her.. I kept looking at it all year, and decided to take it to camp  for suggestions on how to quilt it.. As much as I love hand quilting, lots of time is involved in that, so I knew I had to do machine quilting.

After chatting about the variable ways of completing the task.. I sat down at my sewing machine and just started hoping that ideas would come, and fast.. Echo quilting was what first came to mind,, then I thought I should add some leaf shapes. I could stuff some green yarn and really make them trupunto, how ever.. Isn't it fun to have something finished.. You can't see it, but I used variegated threads on the sides and in the lower block areas.. This was fun and it even has the binding and sleeve! Now, I can hang it and really enjoy! Done is so wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails