Welcome to my Blog, A little art, and a lot of Friendship

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Prayer Flags #4 & #5

I am scheduled to do a demonstration with Paintstiks for our guild, Just short little tutorials for the ladies to be interested in a new process. Since I am creating Prayer Flags in between everything else, I thought I would make one with some yellow hand dyed fabric.

Collected garage sale items for the rubbings.. The copper piece is the top of a warming tray, and the flower came from the bottom of a cut glass dish. I had written words in the open yellow area, but had to go over them today with a larger permanent pen.


My cousin in Florida called and sent me 12 boxes of fabric, long story but will go into that some other time.. This is part of a beautiful piece of silk, another Prayer flag, and tried stitching the word love on it.. If I had been braver, I would have put it in blue.. You can see, I printed a font from the computer and traced it onto tissue paper, then sewed over that onto the fabric. It worked out fine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of when we used to tie dye T-shirts. I still love those T-shirts today.
    These are very pretty Vivian.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails