Welcome to my Blog, A little art, and a lot of Friendship

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Paducah, AQS, Quilts


Yes, these are all Hexagons... No, this is not my quilt, but it attracted me to the wonderful contemporary way she used hexagons, they don't all have to be in white and color, Grandmothers Flower Garden. I am sorry I don't have the name of this artist.



I have been working with Paper Pieces, English Paper piecing company and they showed Kathy and my pattern at Paducah for the first time.. and it sold, so that was very exciting. I have been in the process of making little hexagons with my hand dyed fabric, working toward joining them in a landscape piece..save those left over pieces, don't throw anything away. Make Hex's.

I love how this artist brought together the applique flowers and the web, with the subtle colors of the hex's.



Just had to get a photo of these chips... my friend Jane thought I am missing a few links when I took this photo. Don't you just love the fun shapes, twists and turns. And they were sooooo goood..
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails